Wayne State University School of Medicine
Email: tabitha.moses [at] gmail.com
I am currently pursuing an MD/PhD (Neuroscience) at Wayne State University. I earned my B.A. in Cognitive Science and Philosophy, and my M.S. in Biotechnology from Johns Hopkins University.
I am interested in exploring the links between addiction of various sorts, mental illness, and early life trauma. Through understanding these links we should be able to develop targeted interventions for individuals struggling with addiction. Through my work in the brain sciences, public health, and medical fields I have also developed a passion for neuroethics and bioethics. My involvement in these fields includes research into addiction, consciousness, and moral responsibility.
I keep my current research topics updated here along with a list of upcoming presentations. Another project I am working on is my blog where I write about my thoughts on academia and topics I am studying. In addition, I am maintaining an MD/PhD log for those interested by my long journey in research and medicine.
– Selected as a TEDMED Research Scholar
– Selected to join the Wayne State Aesculapians Community Service Honor Society
– Joined the International Neuroethics Society Student/Postdoc Committee
– Selected for FORCE Junior Investigator Travel Award to attend CPDD in June 2018
– Published Factors Associated with Sedative Use and Misuse Among Heroin Users